Roasted Vermicelli 2 cups, green chillies, ginger and garlic about 6 clove pieces finely chopped, mint and cilantro leaves about 20 each, soy chunks soaked for about 15 minutes in water with tsp of salt, choppd carrots, potatoes, green peas, green beans, onions 1/4 cup each, water 4 cups, oil 3 – 4 Tsp, salt 2 tsp, pinch of turmeric, 1 tsp Vegetable briyani powder , 1/2 tsp garam masala.
Finely grated carrots, finely chopped cucumber and onions and salt to taste added to yogurt to make Raitha as the dip.
1. Saute onions, minced green chillies, ginger and garlic with masala powders.
2. Add soy chunks and vegetables and mint and cilantro and keep sauteing.
3. Add 4 cups of water and oil 3 Tsp and let it all boil.
4. Once the water boils add roasted vermicelli and let it cook.
5. Cover and cook in slim for 10 minutes.
Garnish with a wedge of lemon and serve hot with yogurt dip as made above ( raitha). Tasty lunch or dinner ready under 30 minutes. For more protein and less glycemic index use Quinoa ( seemai thennai) instead of vermicelli or rice. Quinoa has all the amino acids required for the body and tastes good too.