Green Thai Curry Paste:
- Cilantro 1/2 a bunch
- Coriander 1 Tsp
- Cumin 1/2 Tsp
- Black pepper 1 tsp
- Green chilies 10
- Galangal or substitute with ginger 1 1/2 Tsp
- Garlic 6 cloves
- Shallot or pearl onions 6 – 10
- Lemon grass sliced 1 1/2 Tsp or substitute with lime or lemon
- Salt 1 tsp or as needed
Grind the above ingredients in a blender to make a green paste as shown above in the picture. Use dried red chilies to make the red curry paste and red Thai curry instead of the green chilies.
- Grated coconuts 1/2 cup to make coconut milk
Grind the grated coconut in 2 to 3 cups of warm water using a blender and strain it using a strainer to make coconut milk.
- Carrots sliced 1/4 cup
- Potatoes sliced 1/4 cup
- Snow peas 1/4 cup
- Mushrooms sliced 1/4 cup
- Red and yellow bell peppers (Capsicum) sliced 1/4 cup
- Mix the curry paste and coconut milk and bring it to boil.
- Add carrot and potato and let it boil for a minute or two.
- Then add the capsicum and let it stand for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Finally add the snow peas and then mushroom.
- Let it boil for a minute. Now the green Thai curry is ready.
- The vegetables should not become too tender or soft. It should be crunchy to taste.
Serve the curry with Basmati rice or Jasmine rice.