- Basmati Rice 2 cups rinsed and sauteed with ghee 1 Tsp,
- Water 4 1/4 cups, Oil 3 Tsp,
- Fennel seeds 1 tsp,
- Cloves 2 0r 3,
- Cinnamon sticks 2 or 3 pieces,
- Aniseeds 2,
- Bay leaves 2,
- Sea salt 2 tsp or as needed,
- Cilantro 2 bunches finely chopped,
- Onions 1 medium diced, green peas 1/4 cup,
- Carrots 2 or 3 diced,
- Soy chunks about 10 pieces soaked in salted warm water for 15 minutes,
- Green chillies 4 minced with ginger and garlic cloves about 5 or 6,
- Red chilly powder 1 tsp.
- Rinse the rice and saute with ghee in a pan and set aside.
- Add oil to the rice cooker or pressure cooker and temper the fennel seeds, cloves, cinnamon, bay leaves, aniseeds.
- Then add soy chunks, onions, green peas, minced green chilies, minced ginger garlic, red chilly powder and 1/2 tsp turmeric powder to the above.
- Now add carrots and cilantro and the sauteed rice to it.
- Finally add the water and salt to the mix above and cook it in rice cooker or pressure cooker.
Super tasting carrot fried rice is ready. Serve with raitha ( yogurt with sliced onions and salt) or eat it plain. The cilantro in it prevents cataracts and the carrot is good for eye sight and green peas has iron and fiber. Helps kids love and eat the vegetables.
The same recipe tastes good with Quinoa as well. Substitute rice with Quinoa and follow the same procedure above for variation.