Home Made 7 Layer Burrito
Pinto beans 1 cup, water 2 cups, four cheese shredded, lettuce cut into shreds, salsa, avacado 2, organic rice, burrito wrap (made with whole grain wheat into flat bread), green peas, corn, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, potatoes, kidney beans and balck beans 1/4 cup each, onions 2 cut into tiny pieces, crushed garlic one whole clove, black pepper, tomato, cumin powder, onion powder, garlic powder, coriander powder, chilly powder 1 1/2 tsp each or taco seasoning mix.
- Soak pinto beans overnight in a separate bowl and pressure cook it.
- Add a Tsp butter and saute 1/4 of the onions and garlic. Then add the cooked and mashed pinto beans into it.Let it simmer for 20 minutes. Re-fried beans is ready.
- Take a cup of rice and add 1/2 cup salsa and 2 1/4 cups water and a pinch of salt.
- Add a handful green peas and corn and pressure cook it. Mexican rice is ready.
- Cut onions,potatoes,carrots,broccoli and cauliflower into little bite size pieces and saute it in cast iron skilled for a grilled taste.
- Add the soaked overnight kidney beans and black beans to pressure cooker and cook them until three whistles.
- Later add the cooked beans to the above veggies and saute with salt and chilly powder, garlic,onion powder, cumin and coriander powder or use taco seasoning with no preservatives.
- Now the vegetables also called Fajitas are ready.
- Cut the avocados into two half and take out the seed and mash it into paste like consistency.
- Add chopped tomatoes, cilantro and crushed and sauteed onions and garlic pieces.
- Add salt to taste, cumin, coriander, chilly powder 1/2 tsp each.
- Fresh tasty guacamole is ready.
Cheese and lettuce:
- Shredded cheese and lettuce are the next two layers.
- Place the uncooked wraps into a flat pan and cook on both sides.
Place all the above into the cooked wrap and fold it as shown in figure 2.Fold the two sides first and fold the bottom and insert it over the stuff and tuck in tight.
Healthy home made burritos are ready. Make them in big batches and freeze them during the weekend to enjoy it during the week on a tired day after work. Just place the frozen burrito on a pre- heated oven and place it for a minute or two to warm it or place on a hot pan and turn it a couple of times to warm it.