When we talk about health we cannot ignore the surroundings we live in !
Talking about surroundings should not be narrowed down to our home. Looking at the big picture it is our planet earth. Teaching and following simple rules can add up to a generation full of thoughtful citizens who share this beautiful planet Earth. It provides us with basic necessities for life to thrive clean water, air and shelter like caves and soil for plants to grow and provide food to all living beings. Let us show great respect for this limited natural resource our home and take good care of it. So let us celebrate Earth day not only on April 22nd of every year but every day in our lives.
Like Mahatma Gandhi said ” Be the change you want to see. ” The little things we practice as life style could be the starting place for cleaner planet.
1. Turn off all digital devices when not in use reducing the demand for electricity, in turn reducing the supply which in turn reduces pollution and the cost of power generation. Less power plants lower pollution cleaner planet !
2. Planting fruit trees in your own backyard so the kids get involved and develop a green thumb.
3. Cleaning up after ourselves wherever we are be it home, office, playground or park.
4. Reducing the use of plastics by bringing our own stainless steel water bottle ( helps reduce the costs of recycling and rate of cancers as well)
5. Reduce the use of plastic grocery bags and reusing our cloth bag for shopping.
6. Precious water can be saved by always using a cup or bucket of water for cleaning activities instead of running the water flow from the faucets.
Last but not the least instead of being a mindless consumer giving a little thought to every resource in our hand as the last one that can be used only once, could bring forth plenty of creative ideas that could make us a producer or at the very least help our future generations learn the value of our precious resource our planet Earth.